Samstag, 19. Januar 2013

African Bikram


( auf deutsch http://yogajust.blogspot.ch/2012/11/african-bikram.html )

Africa is treating me well.

I flew tot he other end oft he world to rip in a Zumba Class (Fitness Workout with latin music) one of my plantar ligaments.
As a yogini I had to jump around barefoot, while everyone else was wearing danicing shoes. Now I’m sure they do so for a certain reason. I guess my toes were glued to the floor when my heal was twisting. Arrgh! This happend last friday.

On the weekend I was mainly asleep, I was recovering and had sweet dreams while I was hiding under my blanket from all the craziness of the last last days/ weeks/ month.

I was working with my core, my center, my Hara. Did all these mean variations of sit ups my Yogateacher gave me on the way. I practiced backbends, was breathing inbetween my ribs to get these tiny muscles smooth and to create room around my heart. Gently Yoga, I enjoyed, my first weekend off in Africa.




Yesterday I started my trip to Down Town Capetown. I’m not big in sightseeing, but right infront of my friends house the hop on hop off bus stopped, so I took a ride with all the other tourists and hopped off in the center of CPT, went to a tourist office, asking for, guess what, no, not table mountain, not robben island, a yoga studio.....walking distance, the girl tells me, YESSSS! I could have googled informations on that, but I love it how the girls in tourist offices explain directions from A to B and even hand out a citymap, so I just can’t missout.

I’ll go for Yogalife. Sounds good. And I get there 3mins before a Bikram class starts. Too stressy I think, and I sign in for a Forrest Yoga class 15min later. Forrest Yoga is new to me. Better anyway, I think, why would I go to a hot yoga class in Africa, in summer??


I like the studio. It’s stylish, open, bright, the yoginis working here are super friendly und willing to help. My class will take place on the first floor. I enter the shala, and what I get to see are some ladies doing theit warm up stretches. Why? I wonder because what I clearly hear behind a cool smooth version of the SO HAM mantra ist he HEATER!?!?
„Forrest Yoga, right? No Bikram?“ I ask, keeping the conversation small. One yogini nodding. I lay down.


We start the class with Nadi Sodhana, alternate nostril breathing, I sweat already. Nice. I like this teacher, she seems pure, no flourishing, straight, clear insructions, her hair tamed in a ponytail. Like this is her teaching, she puts us into asanas walks around and does accurat adjusments. There is about 20 peeps n the room, so I suffer quite awhile in some positions. Living means suffering. And on this day I suffer because oft yesterdays visit at a winefarm, incl. winetasting. Hey, I’m in southafrica, don’t blame me.

90min later, the lesson is finished. I sink back. Thank you. Savasana.
Namaste.



Right now I'm sitting in a cafe. All relaxed. My mac on my lap like they had the newspapers in the early days, having breakfast, waiting for the 12.30 class at Yogalife.
Bikram, it's raining today.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen